Petty cash custodians will keep a petty cash box not to exceed $250. Petty cash will be primarily used for office supplies, snacks, delivery tips, and other minor expenses. Petty cash will be kept in a secure location. Keys to the cash box and/or location should be kept on the custodian’s person.
- Petty cash custodians will be given $250 to be kept in a securely located cash box.
- When cash is used, a record will be kept by filling out and storing the Petty Cash Voucher form, and attaching backup documentation.
- Generally, petty cash should not be used for payments over $30.
- When cash drops below $50, the custodian will submit a check request through PaperSave, which will be approved by a manager and director. The check request will include an itemized list of all expenses, as well as scanned images of all Petty Cash Voucher forms and receipts.
- Physical copies of all receipts and vouchers will be deposited in the Paper Receipt Archive at each respective site.
- A check will be cut in the amount of claimed expenses to bring the petty cash balance back to $250. The check can be made out to and cashed by either the petty cash custodian or a representative in the Fiscal Office.
Updated: February 2016